Mobile backhaul demarcation with end-to-end service control and SLA monitoring. Go beyond Best Effort Ethernet, over any infrastructure and keep your costs down.
End-to-End QoS: Shape your traffic any way you want with powerful traffic classification, policing, hierarchical scheduling and per-EVC shaping
Flexible Connectivity Options: Rely on flow-based Ethernet NIDs to maximize port utilization for MEF-certified EVPL, E-LAN and E-Tree services over any infrastructure - Fiber, TDM, SONET, DSL, PON or Microwave
Lifecycle Cost Management: Reduce inventories and avoid truck rolls with NIDs that provision Ethernet across any infrastructure and feature pluggable SFP Ethernet converters, fiber/copper combo ports and all-in-one power supplies
Non-Disruptive Upgrade to Carrier Ethernet: Move from Best Effort Ethernet to Carrier Ethernet without overhauling your entire network. Color-sensitive P-bit re-marking ensures metering continuity in color-blind networks. NIDs support legacy and next-gen protocols.
Enhanced Service Assurance: In-Service and Out-of-Service: Manage your service KPIs 24x7x365 with built-in test engines for RFC 2544, Ethernet OAM, fault management, and performance monitoring
Hardware-Based OAM: Faster than software-based OAM, hardware-based OAM is quicker to detect loss of continuity, and detects even a single lost frame. Multi-flow monitoring and line-rate loopback
High Availability: Minimize service downtime and meet availability targets with standard Ethernet ring protection switching, Ethernet linear protection switching and link aggregation
Synchronization over Packet: Protect critical traffic from latency and jitter with powerful timing and synchronization tools, including IEEE 1588v2 and Synchronous Ethernet
Ethernet demarcation for IP NodeB/4G LTE
Enable service assurance in IP Node B and 4G LTE networks, by providing a clear demarcation between mobile operator and transport provider domains, including end-to-end service control and SLA measurement.
RAD’s ETX line of Carrier Ethernet mobile demarcation and aggregation devices enable wholesale and transport providers to manage backhaul SLAs for mobile broadband and LTE operators with easy troubleshooting mechanisms and monthly performance reports, including real-time access to network KPIs.
- Fully featured, intuitive performance management portal, with SLA definition per customer and service, as well as dashboard support with carrier and end-customer access
- Full Carrier Ethernet and performance management capabilities throughout the service lifecycle
- Hardware-based OAM, diagnostics and performance monitoring
Mobile Backhaul over Wireless Radio
Enable quick deployment of mobile backhaul connections using point-to-point wireless radio, to cost-effectively deliver cellular traffic with carrier-grade reliability.
RAD’s Airmux-400 is a broadband wireless multiplexer for mobile backhaul over wireless radio, delivering unframed E1 or T1 and Fast Ethernet traffic with total aggregated throughput of 250 Mbps. The Airmux mobile backhaul wireless radio ensures service availability by complying with stringent latency, delay variation, and clocking accuracy requirements for voice transmissions. A virtually maintenance-free wireless solution, the Airmux supports a range of up to 120 kilometers (75 miles) between cellular base stations and their controllers, providing high reliability at a fraction of the cost of leased lines or satellite links.
- Reduces operating expenditures and facilitates quick deployment of new cell sites
- Supports license-exempt sub-6 GHz radio bands
- Allows traffic delivery of management and control signals via Fast Ethernet interfaces
- Enables easy service extension to rural or remote regions
- Provides carrier-class performance and reliability with high link availability and redundant power supply
- Guarantees over-the-air traffic protection with enhanced security mechanisms and a 128-bit encryption key