Utility Communications Solutions
For more than 30 years, RAD has worked closely with its worldwide energy utility customers to provide field-proven communications solutions that address the automation, Teleprotection and core operational network needs of their transmission and distribution (T&D) grids.
Service Assured Networking: RAD offers reliable, scalable, managed, and performance guaranteed solutions for automation, protection, security, and ICT networking that support multiple deployment mode scenarios over fiber, DSL and PDH.
RAD's Solutions for Power Utilities:
- Distance and Differential Teleprotection
- Hybrid Substation Multiservice Connectivity and Migration
- Distribution Automation and Smart Metering Backhaul
- IEC 61850-3 Secure Substation Communications
- Operational Core Network Using Carrier-Grade Ethernet
Amit, Network Engineer:
John, Head of Teleprotection:
“Absolutely nothing must compromise the operation of our Teleprotection relays. I need deterministic, fail-safe connectivity that meets our latency budget and symmetric delay