ETX-201A<< Back To Product A To Z
Carrier Ethernet Demarcation Device
ETX-201A is a carrier Ethernet demarcation device owned and operated by the service provider and installed at the customer premises. The device is part of RAD’s EtherAccess® portfolio and features Carrier Ethernet attributes, including Ethernet OAM for proactive SLA monitoring, quality of service (QoS) per Ethernet flow, advanced traffic management capabilities, and powerful bandwidth profiles for differentiated services – all starting at the service handoff points.
• Multiservice network termination unit, allowing service providers to offer Gigabit Ethernet services over existing ATM networks
• STM-1/OC-3c network interface, supporting service data rates of up to 155 Mbps
• LAN/ATM interworking according to RFC 1483/2684 (bridged PDU), with up to 512 virtual circuit connections (VCCs)
• VLAN support according to 802.1p and 802.1Q, including VLAN stacking (Q-in-Q) capabilities, allowing traffic separation and prioritization
• Traffic shaping according to the CBR, VBR, GFR, UBR and UBR+ service classes