RAD's D-NFV NID
RAD was the first in the market to integrate a L2/L3 NID/NTU with a powerful x86 platform for hosting virtual network functions. It is controlled by the service provider and resides at the customer premises, allowing business agility with new software-based services.
RAD's D-NFV solution for the customer edge is available as a box-size L2/L3 NID/NTU (ETX-2). Moreover, RAD offers a programmable miniature SFP sleeve (MiNID) onto which custom applications and networking functions may be uploaded.
- Fast introduction of new services
- Fast response to competition
- Offer value-added services at a premium
- Improve quality of experience to reduce churn
Simplify and reduce cost of operational processes while enabling easier migration to cost effective new technologies with:
- High performance and functional flexibility with an innovative architecture combining hardware and software components
- Advanced L2/L3 NID/NTU functionality adds critical SLA assurance capabilities, otherwise not available in a stand-alone server
- Optimized price/performance ratio with modular virtualization infrastructure enabling capacity adjustments to various access rates and applications
- Designed for carrier-approved NFV management tools (OpenStack, KVM hypervisor, etc.); open to integration into 3rd-party orchestration systems